Dec 30, 2007

Travel stories from November

Getting to KL from PP this is what I wrote, in ecstasy it must be admitted;

already so impressed with cleanliness, helpfulness and sense of expecting people to be around. My leaving Phnom Penh was curious but not stressful; the staff very unorganized and they must have had a total of about 6 flights for Saturday yet were unable to figure it out. Leaves a sense that one is pushing the staff to absolute limit, simply by showing up and expecting a flight.

On return home:

Happiness no mice!! Saw white fur on seat a few times but now kitty clearly not wanting to share my balcony even tho it would be very welcome

Last year after few weeks away when I went and lived with the nuns and then to Bangkok I had so many mice move in due to my absence. Took my months to convince the blighters I am not the sharing type …


Silly things from the travels

- I did get through customs easily with the 6 month of tablets I had with me. I had wondered how unlucky would I be if some dude decided to check my luggage. 6 months supply of naturopathy tablets to deal with intestinal issues, such as acidophilus would be close to useless for a male customs dude but in Cambodia it would seem so wealthy to have so many tablets and so would b stolen on principle. But hey, as usual there was no customs at all …..

- Brisbane with only one set of loos and over crowding at midnight was all very unwelcoming. it was a twilight zone of international airport procedures. Had to go through customs again even though only had boarded plane at Sydney. Eventually got back on identical plane and went to Kuala Lumpur